Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- The primary focus of this position is to lease new space in newly developed projects, including Niagara and Tsawwassen Mills under the direction of the VP, Development Leasing. Responsible for leasing of retail space to local, regional, national and international tenants, in a manner so as to maximize the return on investment and ensure consistency with project and/or property budgets. Including but not limited to researching new tenant information as to their design layouts, their construction requirements and analyzing their company financials. Maintain leasing status notes and accurate records with respect to potential tenants and contacts. Coordinate lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments. Negotiate tenants LOI, TPF and leases in a timely manner to ensure construction deadlines are met. Complete annual objectives. Assist in the development of merchandising and leasing plans. Liaise with Tenant Coordinator, Project Manager and Legal Administrator.
- Post secondary business education preferred with a minimum of 5 years shopping centre related job experience. Must possess excellent negotiation, communication, mathematical and organizational skills.
- The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work with the organization.
- This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act will be an important aspect of the job.
- It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion.
- Many times decisions will have to be made under pressure and will generally need the ideas and advice of others.
- Working knowledge of proformas, finance and Company guidelines on ROI, MPV and NER.