Temporary assignment – 15 months
Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Ensure, while respecting the deadlines, adequate accounting of the real estate investments under his responsibility, at fair value as well as in IFRS, in order to prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements of Ivanhoé Cambridge subsidiaries.
- Ensure, while respecting the deadlines, adequate accounting of operational aspects related to the subsidiaries that are assigned to him, at fair value and in IFRS, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Analyse and ensure the different methods of accounting are adequately applied (consolidation, proportionate accounting, etc.).
- Control the restatement process of information in foreign currency and analyze the changes in realized and unrealized exchange gains and losses.
- Determine the differences between the foreign subsidiaries’ and the Company’s accounting methods (fair value and IFRS), and ensure the appropriate adjustments are accounted for.
- Take part in the budget process, monitor and analyze the operational results of the investments under his responsibility and produce the financial and managing information required for various quarterly reports.
- Provide all necessary information in order to help the tax department in the preparation of the tax returns for the investments under his responsibility.
- Take part in the maintenance of the main accounting systems’ databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting sciences and accepted professional designation in accounting.
- Five to six years of relevant experience, some of which in the international market;
- Expertise of the Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of One World (JD Edwards), a definite asset;
- Good expertise in the Canadian and International accounting standards;
- Good expertise of the consolidation accounting features and foreign currency translation;
- Knowledge of the American or European taxation, an asset;
- Excellent French and English (spoken and written);
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Savoir-faire, dynamism, organization, autonomy, at ease with accounting systems.