Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Design the strategic annual Marketing Plan and budget for the property (which may include brand strategy), in collaboration with the Director of Regional Marketing and the General Manager.
- Analyze and interpret research, set objectives, formulate strategies and tactics that work to develop the Mapleview Shopping Centre brand.
- Develop, manage and execute the annual Marketing plan and budget for the property, including projecting Promotion Fund, Media Fund, and landlord's contribution working within the economics of the retailer.
- Oversee all facets of the shopping centre's Customer Experience Programme including the management of Customer Service personnel, service offerings, and mall ambassador programme(s).
- Responsible for the management of the Customer Service Manager, and work closely with this person to hire, train and develop the Customer Service Team in keeping with the Shopping Centre's branded service strategy.
Special Events, Promotions, Advertising and Social Media:
- Plan and execute a results oriented, cost effective advertising campaigns that are appropriate for the centre, communicate the centre brand and contribute to the achievement of the property's objectives.
- Manage a professional agency to develop a distinctive campaign and oversee the successful execution of the centre's creative and message strategies to create brand awareness and alliance; promote special events and key retail periods; and highlight retailers.
- Plan and execute traffic and merchandising events designed to appeal to the property's key target segments and contribute to centre sales.
- Create and execute social media strategy aligning with brand and fostering engagement.
- Work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to successfully execute national sponsorship programmes and identify possible revenue generating opportunities through sponsorship of local events.
- Work with General Manager and Leasing to provide input into the property mix that is in keeping with the strategic property vision and brand, and identify opportunities to promote new store openings.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of retailer sales performance, category analysis, percentage rent analysis, retail trends, developments in trade area and economic factors that impact property performance.
- Oversee all aspects of the gift card program at the property level in collaboration with the General Manager and Accounts Administrator.
- Work with the Operations Manager and third party contractors to ensure the seamless execution of all program that pertain to Marketing.
- Provides support for such other projects and tasks as may be requested by General Manager from time to time.
- University Degree required (Business/Marketing Major preferred).
- Five years of marketing experience preferably in a service-oriented industry.
- High level of creativity and proficient in identifying and acting on opportunities.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Good understanding of social media, financial statements and accounting principles.
- Excellent communication and proven presentation skills.
- Aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Due to the nature of the business and extended operating hours, the Marketing Director must be flexible and available to work after hours and weekends as required.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.