Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Obtain and analyze annual budgets and quarterly reports for assets under management. Communicate directly with the external manager to obtain explanations for any variances that arise. Present results to the manager and the Vice President and recommend a course of action, as appropriate.
- Obtain reports identified in contractual agreements from partners/managers and forward them to internal departments (insurance, taxation, finance, corporate secretary’s office, etc.). Maintain a calendar, prepare requests to be signed by the manager and issue reminders as needed.
- Receive and analyze funding requests from partners, ensure compliance with budgets and agreements, and prepare recommendations for the manager based on the delegation of authority. Coordinate the approval process and provide explanations to signing authorities.
- Compile information and prepare various internal management reports for the manager to track and regularly update asset management indicators.
- Comment on and review appraisal reports on a semi-annual basis, compare revenue and expense projections with results and the appraiser’s budget forecasts.
- Obtain financial reports specified in related agreements from the partner; analyze, investigate and comment on any variances, in accordance with internal processes.
- Participate in the investment process in conjunction with the preparation of legal agreements by reviewing reporting requirements and ensuring that policies meet the needs of various departments.
- Develop and regularly update electronic and paper information management systems.
- Help establish and maintain financial and operational management and monitoring systems.
- Participate in fostering excellent relations with existing and internal partners.
- In occasional, being asked to participate to the management meetings with partners and managers, at the request of the manager.
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience in real estate and finance an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French; solid writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel).
- General familiarity with accounting principles and basics.
- Excellent analytical skills, proactive attitude and meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player, strong communicator, outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-motivated.
- Availability to travel abroad on occasion.
- Availability to work overtime.