Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Advise, in collaboration with the Chief, Market Strategies, and the Senior Economist, the immediate supervisor on opportunities arising from market inefficiencies caused by regulatory changes, opportunities for arbitrage, or short-term or structural conditions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Produce, in collaboration with other team members, quarterly market analyses (economy and real estate) to inform senior management about the situation in every market where Ivanhoé Cambridge holds assets or is considering investing.
- Produce, in collaboration with the Chief, Market Strategies, capital market analyses (flow of capital and competition), specifically by monitoring institutional investors and publicly traded real estate companies.
- Coordinate the gathering of information for the SharePoint portal used by the research department and for economic analysis.
- Produce analytical reports on market issues based on analyses prepared by the Senior Economist and verify these by accurately evaluating actual conditions to inform the assumptions used for investment subscription purposes; make recommendations about real estate markets based on regional macroeconomic analysis.
- Master’s degree in economy, real estate or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the institutional real estate investment sector.
- Skill in the statistical modelling and processing of data considered an asset.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills, self-motivated, intellectual curiosity and the ability to analyze and summarize.
- Dynamic, sense of initiative, critical thinking, approachable and result-oriented.
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent spoken and written French.
- Excellent spoken and written English.