Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund manager.
- Analyze, plan, coordinate, oversee and closely monitor the quality of operations assigned to him or her, in accordance with the strictest standards.
- Provide ongoing support and cooperation to the Construction Department and other teams for all capital and development projects. Liaise directly with internal department heads and project managers.
- Manage plans and specifications (timely receipt, distribution, feedback and resubmission to project managers) for all development, renovation and construction projects involving the gamut of technical services (HVAC, plumbing, building services, architecture and electricity).
- Ensure compliance and follow-up for project completion documents (QRT, TQC, warranties, preventive maintenance manuals, corrective measures, service contract proposals and codification).
- Ensure that all work and projects meet standard technical specifications.
- Coordinate the logistical aspect of development work involving retail space in the shopping gallery.
- Coordinate maintenance work involving elevators, suspended scaffolds, asbestos management and ventilation duct cleaning, ensuring that it does not interfere with clients’ operations or any other development, construction or maintenance work.
- Ensure the effective management, coordination, maintenance and update of all activities related to the asbestos management program.
- Oversee daily activities related to routine service calls, maintenance and mechanical repairs with respect to elevators (Koné) and suspended scaffolds (Into); make recommendations about any problems encountered.
- Ensure the effective management of the ventilation duct cleaning program and regular cleaning of induction units.
- Regularly update various mechanical plans used in the ventilation duct cleaning program and the various equipment location plans for his or her unit.
- Plan and prepare budgets and develop and implement the annual correction action plan.
- Carry out any other related tasks required requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Leadership style focused on coaching, participation, engagement and motivation.
- College diploma (DEC) in building management or architectural techniques or experience deemed equivalent.
- Three to five years of practical experience as a coordinator or supervisor of a maintenance department.
- Familiarity with methods used in working in the presence of asbestos.
- Excellent knowledge of preventive maintenance software.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a union environment.
- Good sense of initiative and judgement; highly organized and self-directed.
- Ability to adhere to established deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of French.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English, an asset.
- Proven ability to work in a computerized environment; proficiency in Word, Excel and OneWorld.
- Available 24/7 for emergencies.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.