Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Prospect and negotiate with local, regional and national tenants including American & European retailers on a property specific basis.
- Lease space in accordance with merchandising mix, the leasing plan and budget.
- Prepare TPF/LOI as per leasing guidelines.
- Maintain leasing status reports, accurate records with respect to potential tenants.
- Coordinate lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments
- Collaborate with legal and tenant coordination to ensure objectives are met.
- Complete objectives/targets to ensure a successful occupancy upon grand opening.
- Provide leadership within the team environment and endorse company values.
- Post secondary business education preferred with a minimum of 5-7 years shopping centre leasing experience. The position is ideally suited for a self-directed, self-confident individual who is approachable, cheerful, and achievement oriented. Must possess excellent negotiation, communication, mathematical and organizational skills.
- The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way. This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work with the organization.
- This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act, will be an important aspect of the job.
- It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner. This job will involve controlling all aspects of tasks, from the initiation, through the process and through to completion.
- Decisions will many times have to be made under pressure, and will generally need the ideas and advice of others.
- Being a team player is a must.