vanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Under the direction of the Vice President, Retail Development, develop and implement the long term business plan for new developments, expansions, renovations, etc. that are consistent with Central Region's Strategic Plan and financial objectives;
- Assemble and direct a multi-disciplinary team to obtain all necessary government and third party approvals; and provide all project management services for the project. Project management activities typically include master planning, project design, preparation of pro-formas, budgeting, scheduling, hiring and managing project consultants, preparing and issuing project status reports, anchor tenant negotiations, acting as public spokesperson for the project, obtaining all project approvals, interfacing with all internal and external parties associated with the project, and ensuring the project is being developed on schedule, on budget and in accordance with the expectations of the Company;
- Liaise with other departmental disciplines such as Leasing, Construction, Operations, and Finance to ensure the objectives and visions of the project are realized. Development has overall responsibility to ensure that all disciplines are in compliance with the budget and that all the necessary information is provided by these parties in accordance with the project schedule;
- Initiate and oversee to completion assigned development projects within the Central Region;
- Assemble and direct a multi-disciplinary team to determine project feasibility and evaluate risk in order to properly advise the Vice President, Development and Senior Management as to whether or not to proceed with a development proposal.
- Ability to demonstrate superior acquisition and project management skills for the development of large, complex and financially significant projects. A minimum of five years experience in the real estate industry is preferred;
- A team leader and player who is experienced in organizing and leading a diverse number of disciplines. Must be able to work efficiently and effectively within a team environment;
- Sound understanding of the development process, including government approvals, feasibility analysis, pro-forma preparation and analysis, budgeting, cost control, design and construction, leasing, and operations;
- Solid negotiating skills, ideally with a history of dealing with government authorities, land owners, brokers, and major tenants;
- Strong communication skills, both as it relates to internal communication within Ivanhoe Cambridge and co-owners; as well as outside stakeholders, such as industry and government officials, community groups, retailers, consultants and other real estate professionals;
- Has a reputation of developing new and "out of the box" solutions as opposed to simply proposing status quo or "flavour of the month" solutions;
- Understands retail and office demographic trends and strives to create plans that maximize a development's retail potential;
- Has an entrepreneurial yet disciplined approach to development in terms of project and financial management;
- Comfortable working in a structured environment as it relates to reporting requirements;
- An ability to manage a number of projects and tasks at the same time;
- Is a driven and results oriented individual with a reputation of achieving positive results under challenging circumstances;
- Holds a University Degree in a business discipline or ideally one related to real estate development (Urban Planning/Development);
- 5+ years of relevant development and acquisitions experience.