Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Conduct preliminary analyses of investment projects, including financial analyses, and provide an evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of a project to his or her immediate superior.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Ivanhoé Cambridge’s target markets and maintain a solid network of industry contacts (appraisers, brokers, managers, etc.) in order to have access to the up-to-date information required to accurately assess markets and investment projects.
- Plan and oversee the smooth implementation of the due diligence process. Coordinate with external resources (partners, brokers, asset managers, etc.) and internal resources (portfolio management, financial services, taxation, legal affairs, asset management, risk management, insurance and development) in order to gather and provide relevant information about investments, within the established timeframe.
- Assess risks and issues identified during the due diligence process and discuss with professionals and partners.
- Keep due diligence files in order and retain analyses used to support recommendations.
- Take part in the implementation of the legal or tax structure of investments in order to maximize returns on invested capital.
- Draft documents containing a summary report on all relevant information on investment proposals being reviewed for presentation to the investment committee and/or board of directors for approval.
- Assess the relevance of his or her work and make recommendations or observations to his or her immediate superior and/or other members of the investment team.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or real estate management or equivalent experience.
- Six to nine years of relevant experience in analysis and/or management of investment projects in the multi-residential sector.
- Familiarity with various real estate documents (leases, mortgages, management agreements, location certificates, partnership agreements, asset management agreements, property financial statements).
- Availability to travel locally and internationally (estimated at 20%) with little advance notice.
- Availability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Solid integrative skills; detail-oriented and naturally inquisitive.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; self-motivated and self-sufficient
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.