Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- To be responsible for leasing of retail space to local, regional and national tenants, in a manner so as to maximize the return on investment and ensuring consistency with project and/or property budgets.
- Negotiate with local, regional and national tenants on a property specific basis for new deals and renewals.
- To lease space in existing projects and/or properties in accordance with merchandising mix and on property budget requirements.
- Solicit new tenants, make presentations to prospective Tenants and Real Estate brokers as required.
- To maintain leasing status reports and accurate records with respect to potential tenants for new and existing properties.
- Track deals and assist legal department during lease negotiations.
- To annually update specific information that may be required for each property (ie. lease expiries, re-merchandising plans, tenant mix analysis). To coordinate lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments.
- To complete annual objectives.
- Work on specific projects including development of merchandising mix and lease plans for projects under redevelopment and existing projects.
- Provide assistance and communication to Shopping Centre Managers in the Region on leasing related matters.
- Post secondary business education preferred with a minimum of 2-5 years shopping centre related job experience specifically in the Ontario retail market.
- The position is ideally suited for a self-directed, self-confident individual who is approachable, cheerful, and achievement oriented.
- Must possess excellent negotiation, communication, mathematical and organizational skills.
- The major duties of this job involve connecting quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way.
- This job will entail working at an extremely fast pace, and will require working cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks, and will be integral in motivating others. The job requires team or collaborative work with the organization.