Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
- To lease space in existing buildings and/or projects under development in accordance with pro forma or property budget requirements and allowance estimates;
- Negotiate with local, regional and national tenants and brokers if applicable, on a property specific basis;
- To complete annual leasing objectives;
- Work with the General Managers concerning the leasing of their property and keep them informed of the progress of their files;
- Solicit new tenants in order to build business relationships;
- Make presentations to prospective tenants and real estate brokers, as required;
- Analyze market trends in order to periodically revise leasing policies for each property;
- On a regular basis, maintain leasing status reports and accurate records with respect to potential tenants for new and existing properties;
- Maintain a good relationship with tenants and brokers;
- Work on specific projects including the development of merchandising and leasing plans for projects under development and existing properties;
- To update specific information that may be required for each property (lease expiries, merchandising plans, tenant mix analysis, report on leasing activities);
- To coordinate lease buy-outs, surrenders, assignments, tenant buildouts, etc. with all necessary departments;
- Track the administrative files of new tenants up to the point that the lease is signed and the premises are occupied.
- University degree in a field related to administration or equivalent training, combined with at least ten years’ experience in retail space leasing;
- Brokers’ License (OACIQ);
- The position is ideally suited for a self-directed, self-confident individual who is approachable, cheerful, and achievement oriented;
- Possess excellent negotiation, communication, mathematical and organizational skills;
- Ability to connect quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic way; Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act, will be an important aspect of the job;
- Ability to work at an extremely fast pace, and cooperatively with people; Team work and collaboration with the company is essential;
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative and a desire to perform duties properly, while focusing working with others and/or their intermediaries;
- It is important in this job for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner;
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, generally calling on other people’s ideas and advice;
- Good knowledge of French and English (both spoken and written).
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.