the incumbent makes sure that all security measures are in place and monitored in accordance with established procedures.
- In collaboration with the Security Coordinator, analyze, monitor and strictly control the quality of service of the activities under your supervision;
- As required, assist the Security Coordinator and the Operations Centre dispatcher when there is a major incident or event, make decisions when risks arise, and inform your managers without delay;
- Assist the Security Coordinator in planning VIP events and other activities held in the building;
- Assist your manager in managing and operating the camera surveillance systems, the access control and patrol monitoring systems, the fire alarm systems, and any other pertinent equipment;
- Keep security agents informed so they can perform their duties in keeping with the instructions and orders of their immediate supervisor;
- Develop and maintain an archiving system for security reports and lost and found items;
- Draft and track intervention reports. As required, guide resources during an intervention;
- Make sure that established procedures are observed during security operations and that the security code and radio protocol are applied;
- Assist the Assistant Security Coordinator in maintaining an inventory control and equipment tracking system (keys, kits, patrols, lost and found, security equipment, etc.);
- Assist the Assistant Security Coordinator in administering the access card validation and production process as per established standards;
- Initiate service calls (as regards the security management software) and emergency measures, and compile the information received by the various employees;
- Communicate and maintain partnership relations with the other building services such as maintenance, HVAC, customer service, tenant contact, etc.;
- Ensure that the agents’ schedule is observed and fill in for absent agents;
- Assist the Security Coordinator in managing the fire prevention system and hot work permits and follow up during and after the work;
- In collaboration with the Security Coordinator, manage the patrol monitoring system and emergency equipment inspections;
- In collaboration with the Security Coordinator, manage the WHMIS system;
- Fill in for the Assistant Security Coordinator or Customer Service Agent in the event of absence;
- Carry out all other related tasks requested by your immediate supervisor or required as part of your duties;
- Be on call as per the established rotation.
- Have or be working toward an Attestation of Collegial Studies in industrial and commercial security or any equivalent or more advanced training;
- Minimum of three years’ relevant supervisory experience as a contract officer, contract manager or security department manager;
- Team spirit and strong motivation for continuous quality improvements;
- In-depth knowledge of security equipment and systems;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment;
- Proficiency in oral and written French;
- Conversational ability in everyday English;
- Good negotiator, analytical skills, judgment and leadership;
- Holder of a valid first aid or first responder certificate (an asset);
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; energetic and self-reliant.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating
professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.