Ivanhoé Cambridge is one of the ten largest real estate companies in the world, with over $30 billion of assets in the shopping centre, office, and multi-residential buildings in 20 countries as at December 31, 2011.
Headquartered in Montréal, Québec, Ivanhoé Cambridge is the real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Real Estate Investment Funds
The Real Estate Investment Funds team is responsible for managing and recommending investments made in conjunction with external managers specializing in the international real estate sector. As part of its business plan, the team will be earmarking considerable sums in the coming years to maintain its current investment levels.
The Real Estate Investment Funds team also works closely, and sometimes even shares select resources, with the Portfolio Management group.
Asset monitoring related to real estate fund management:
- Analyze financial statements, activity reports and other relevant documents provided by funds and platforms in order to identify and explain key variances.
- Establish financial models to monitor and forecast fund performance and develop recommendations.
- Take part in the annual business plan and budget preparation process by analyzing the corresponding contents and by helping the Real Estate Investment Funds team formulate recommendations.
- Analyze and provide feedback on market values provided by funds and make recommendations to asset managers.
- Maintain solid relations with fund representatives to ensure optimal monitoring of assets.
- Produce reports on investment projects, including detailed financial analyses.
- Participate in the comprehensive review of investment subscription documents and screen selected opportunities.
- Play an active role in the due diligence process and contribute to the preparation of investment proposal presentations and reports for in-house committees.
- Develop, standardize and simplify financial analysis models related to investment opportunities.
Information management and optimization:
- Help develop electronic tools to effectively manage funds, streamline manual operations and make information accessible to various stakeholders within the group.
- Develop and maintain sources of information on various markets and data related to our investments and ensure information is shared with peers within Ivanhoé Cambridge.
Portfolio management (occasional)
- Help review and comment on documents related to investment transactions (acquisitions, dispositions, development/redevelopment projects) to be submitted for approval by investment committees, the Board of Directors and other bodies in order to ensure compliance with the Company’s standards.
- Participate in reviewing performance calculation methods and ensure all other calculations adhere to Company practices.
Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or real estate management.
- Professional title (CPA/CA or CFA) an asset.
- Five years of related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems in general and the following in particular: spreadsheets, presentation software and quantitative modelling software.
- Experience in financial modelling.
- Knowledge of the international real estate industry or experience in foreign investment projects an asset.
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English.
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Strong analytical, information processing and writing skills.
- Outgoing, dynamic, driven and self-sufficient.
- Highly disciplined and organized.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.