Ivanhoé Cambridge is one of the ten largest real estate companies in the world, with over $30 billion of assets in the shopping centre, office, and multi-residential buildings in 20 countries as at December 31, 2011.
Headquartered in Montréal, Québec, Ivanhoé Cambridge is the real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
The primary responsibility of the Tenant Coordination Manager is to plan the different stages of assigned projects, establish costs and schedules and to coordinate and oversee the construction work. This individual would ensure quality control and manage costs and schedules in accordance with awarded contacts. The Tenant Coordination Manager manages office and/or retail projects, either through supervision or project management, relating to Landlord and/or Tenant works as the case may be. This position also liaises with the Leasing and Legal departments.
- Analyze, follow and rigorously control the quality of service of activities under supervision;
- Plan projects in collaboration with the various participants, including tenants, Leasing, administrators, professionals, contractors, etc.;
- Produce cost estimates for the project works. Analyze cost reports throughout the projects and make recommendations as needed;
- Request the creation of project budgets with Accounting and make necessary revisions as required;
- Retain selected professionals and supervise the preparation of any construction plans and specifications required. Ensure that these are consistent with the need;
- Prepare tenders for professionals and contractors, analyze proposals and bids received and prepare recommendations;
- Award contracts to selected suppliers (professionals and contractors);
- Provide the required support to internal stakeholders (Leasing, Legal and Operations) and to external participants to ensure proper advancement of the projects;
- Prepare lists of the work for which the landlord and the tenant are responsible (exhibits);
- Review plans and specifications provided by professionals and tenants;
- Manage and coordinate the work on the site in collaboration with the various participants (tenants, Leasing, administrators, professionals, etc.) according to established budgets and schedules;
- Organize project site meetings as required and prepare minutes;
- Analyze change orders and obtain the necessary approvals in cases where work is being done on behalf of tenants;
- Ensure the proper quality of the work completed in collaboration with the appointed professionals. Obtain certificates of conformity of all applicable norms, laws and regulations from professionals. Make sure that any deficiencies are corrected;
- Issue recommendations for the payment of invoices as per established procedures;
- In collaboration with the property management team, ensure that projects are completed in accordance with current norms, standards and regulations, such as site access, control of noisy work, interruption of service, etc.;Obtain, review and approve area certificates and transmit them to Accounting, the property and to CAD technicians to ensure the plans are updated;
- Carry out any other related duties requested by immediate supervisor or as required in order to perform assigned duties.
- College diploma (DEC) or bachelor’s degree in architectural, Engineering field or in a construction-related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience;
- Good negotiator and communicator ;
- Capacity to perform well in a computerized environment;
- Knowledge of the following software is an advantage: AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, JDE V9;
- Good sense of design;
- Good creativity;
- Capacity to visualise in 3D;
- Bilingual written and spoken (French and English).
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.