Ivanhoe Cambridge is one of the ten largest real estate companies in the world, with over $30 billion of assets in the shopping centre, office, and multi-residential buildings in 20 countries as at December 31, 2011.
Headquartered in Montréal, Québec, Ivanhoe Cambridge is the real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services, the Coordinator, Technical Services, is responsible for the effective execution of activities related to the management of elevator maintenance contracts, suspended and portable scaffolding, ventilation system maintenance programs and the asbestos management program at Place Ville Marie.
- Analyze, plan, coordinate, oversee and closely monitor the quality of services assigned to him or her;
- Ensure that maintenance and repair operations are carried out by suppliers in accordance with the highest-quality standards and norms;
- Ensure the effective coordination and management of all proposals and requests involving asbestos-related air quality analyses;
- Oversee daily activities related to routine service calls and the maintenance and mechanical repairs of elevators (KONE) and portable and suspended scaffolding (Into-Lansing);
- Administer snow removal and waste management contracts;
- Plan and prepare budgets and develop corrective action plans;
- Ensure compliance with annual action plans;
- Make recommendations to address mechanical problems that arise with the elevator systems;
- Perform various inspections within the complex, in accordance with established procedures;
- Responsible for the preparation of calls for tenders in certain circumstances, in accordance with established procedures;
- Responsible for special purchases with suppliers, ensuring optimal value for money;
- Regularly update various mechanical plans used in the ventilation system maintenance programs and the annual maintenance of induction units;
- Regularly update standard technical specifications for his or her area;
- Regularly update equipment location plans for his or her area;
- Ensure staff are adequately trained to carry out their tasks in the presence of asbestos or when working at height, and comply with all safety and security procedures;
- Ensure constant support and communication with the Construction and other departments with respect to all capital and development projects;
- Carry out any other related tasks required as part of the job or requested by the immediate supervisor.
- College diploma (DEC) in building management or architecture or experience deemed equivalent;
- Minimum of five years of practical experience as a coordinator or supervisor of a maintenance department;
- Familiarity with methods used in working in the presence of asbestos;
- Excellent knowledge of preventive maintenance software;
- Leadership style focused on coaching, participation, engagement and motivation;
- Good sense of initiative and judgement; highly organized and self-directed;
- Ability to adhere to established deadlines;
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English, an asset;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Proven ability to work in a computerized environment; proficiency in Word, Excel and OneWorld;
- Available 24/7 for emergencies.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.