Ivanhoe Cambridge is one of the ten largest real estate companies in the world, with over $30 billion of assets in the shopping centre, office, and multi-residential buildings in 20 countries as at December 31, 2011.
Headquartered in Montréal, Québec, Ivanhoe Cambridge is the real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Reporting to the Director, Forecast, Risks and Systems, the Financial Analyst, Treasury will be responsible for compiling and analyzing information on the real estate index and sector performance. He will also track the performance of the debt, derivatives and foreign exchange portfolio. He will act as a resource for other departments with respect to performance monitoring and reconciliation. Also, he will conduct market analyses to document index projections and provide the appropriate follow-up. He will support team members in the development and implementation of financial analysis models. Finally, he will take part in day-end/month-end procedures and updates of treasury systems.
- Compile information used in real estate index forecasts.
- Conduct comparative analyses to support projections based on the Company’s actual returns and market figures.
- Develop various analysis models to optimize departmental operations, including the analysis and daily production of data related to the valuation of debt and the derivatives portfolio (using the treasury system or Excel programming).
- Compile and analyse performance calculations related to the variations of market value of debt and the derivatives portfolio (interest and exchange rates), including the monitoring of relevant credit variances.
- Participate in closing procedures.
- Help implement the contingency plan for treasury information systems.
- Propose improvements in the analyses under his or her responsibility and serve as a resource for developments related to financial.
- Play an active role in deploying treasury and data warehouse system updates (FinlogiK).
- Produce reports to validate the quality of market information used in treasury systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, with a recognized professional accreditation (CA, CMA, CFA).
- Three to five years of relevant experience related to treasury operations, specifically the monitoring and analysis of portfolio performance.
- Knowledge of derivative, financing and foreign exchange products.
- Proficiency in Excel (including VB) and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Access/SQL or database systems an asset.
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing and valuation software (FinlogiK, FINCAD, systems with an SQL/Oracle database).
- Ease in working in a highly computerized environment.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented.
- Strong multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Keen analytical mindset and ability to work within a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
A professional and appealing environment!
Ivanhoé Cambridge has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Employers in Canada. We value the importance of human resources, which is why we provide a stimulating professional environment where integrity and respect, the drive to outperform, service excellence, teamwork and innovation are highly valued.