Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver optimal returns for its investors. Its assets, held through multiple subsidiaries and located mainly in Canada, the United States, Europe, Brazil and Asia, totalled more than Cdn$40 billion as at December 31, 2013. Its portfolio consists mainly of shopping centres, office and multiresidential properties. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (lacaisse.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Specific accountabilities :
- Work in concert with the Marketing team by complimenting and enhancing the centres annual Marketing Plan by creating and implementing tourism related initiatives;
- Build relationships with the travel trade, hospitality trade, regional tourism partners, and the Calgary International Airport;
- Maintain our Visitor Information Centre status and membership/partnership on the BBCA (Balzac Business Community Association, Tourism Committee) and local Chamber of Commerce offices;
- Further develop and promote tactical programs such as: the summer Shopping Shuttle, Passport Savings program, Shop & Stay Hotel Packages and “special event” hotel shuttle bus programs;
- Advertising placements within tourism trade publications and websites;
- Develop a program to attract tour bus groups to CrossIron Mills;
- Alongside the Assistant Marketing Director, develop strategies to increase the tourism shopper database and social media connections (ie: facebook fans);
- Develop strategies and messaging to promote long weekend excursions, spring breaks, special events (ie: Calgary Stampede) and holiday shopping;
- Develop relationships with CrossIron Mills tenants to ensure strong participation in retailer-driven initiatives (ie: Passport Savings program);
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase tourist shopper spending and length of visit;
- Work with Specialty Leasing, as necessary, to implement special projects (ie: programs to encourage traffic flow into the Entertainment Neighbourhood, etc...) and aid in the generation of revenue through sponsorship programs;
- Attend and represent CrossIron Mills at key trade shows;
- Domestic travel, as required.
- College Diploma in Tourism or Hospitality is a must;
- A minimum of 2– 4 years work experience within the tourism or hospitality industry is required;
- Must have established networking relationships specific to tourism;
- Must possess strong relationship building techniques;
- Proven sales/negotiating skills;
- Demonstrated ability of strong verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Proven ability to work within a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as charitable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.