Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver optimal returns for its investors. Its assets, held through multiple subsidiaries and located mainly in Canada, the United States, Europe, Brazil and Asia, totalled more than Cdn$40 billion as at December 31, 2013. Its portfolio consists mainly of shopping centres, office and multiresidential properties. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (lacaisse.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Specific accountabilities :
- Inspect common areas, leased premises and vacant spaces within the property, including parking facilities; coordinate the necessary corrective action to maintain/improve the quality and cleanliness of the overall environment;
- Develop, sell and coordinate additional maintenance services offered to tenants;
- Coordinate invoicing for tenants’ requests for additional services;
- Supervise contracts for housekeeping, high-rise window cleaning, pest control, indoor plant maintenance, waste removal and other services. Make sure all services are delivered in accordance with contract specifications;
- Manage suppliers’ invoices for housekeeping, high-rise window cleaning, pest control, indoor plant maintenance, waste removal and other services. Prepare the necessary documents and purchase orders to issue payment for services rendered;
- Coordinate with various parties to respond to tenant complaints. Keep tenants abreast of the corrective measures undertaken and ensure matters are resolved to the satisfaction of all parties;
- Coordinate cleaning services in preparation for the arrival of new tenants and ready vacated premises for retenanting;
- Coordinate with various parties to welcome and onboard new tenants;
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with retail and office tenants. Plan regular visits and check-ins, adapted to the needs of each tenant, to keep tabs on their satisfaction levels;
- For any incidents that affect tenants’ operations, act as the liaison between tenants and building services;
- Provide assistance and active support for the Administrator, Building Operations and Customer Service in the implementation of environmental initiatives and certification renewals (LEED and BOMA BESt);
- In conjunction with the Security Coordinator, help implement the building’s emergency measures and enforce safety standards and procedures;
- Provide reception coverage at pre-specified times;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
- College diploma (DEC) in administration;
- Three to five years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of OneWorld an asset;
- Outgoing, dynamic, organized and self-motivated.
*For specific occasions, the person needs to be available outside of the regular business hours.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as charitable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.