Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns.
Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge has direct or indirect interests in over 160 million ft2 (up to 15 million m2) of office, retail and logistics properties as well as in more than 23,000 multiresidential units.
Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$42 billion in total assets as at December 31, 2014. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Growth Markets, the incumbent is responsible for implementing investment strategies in accordance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s investment budget, as defined in the Company’s annual business plan and/or strategic plan. He or she plays an active role in developing the business and strategic plans and in carrying out investment operations for Growth Markets. He or she studies and formulates strategies specific to the various Growth Markets, in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, he or she actively participates in developing and executing capital raising programs that involve the creation of strategic partnerships to back major undertakings, including company and portfolio acquisitions.
The position primarily involves:
- Ensuring that all investment projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- Identifying, acting on and bringing to fruition new investment opportunities in accordance with the business and strategic plans for the region;
- Working in collaboration with the Senior Director, Investments, and the asset management team;
- Priority markets for this position will be in the Asia-Pacific region.
- In conjunction with the Executive Vice President and other senior managers, develop and implement a long-term business plan focusing on new investment and divestment projects in line with the Company’s strategic plan and financial objectives;
- Supervise a team responsible for the successful implementation of the investment business plan for Growth Markets;
- Launch and oversee the execution of investment and divestment initiatives;
- For projects in which Ivanhoé Cambridge has an interest but is not the main proponent, make sure that the Company’s interests are served and objectives are met;
- Form and lead a multidisciplinary team to assess the feasibility and risk of investment projects and advise senior management accordingly;
- Train and coach employees under his or her direct supervision;
- Explore target markets and business opportunities in Growth Markets and demonstrate value creation for the Company’s overall portfolio;
- Develop and propose market strategies; structure and document business plans and strategic investment plans and present them to various committees;
- Liaise with various parties in the target real estate market (brokers, financial institutions, partners and other professionals) to support the orientations outlined in the business plan and investment strategies;
- Play an active role in developing investment strategies aimed at raising capital in conjunction with strategic partners for large-scale acquisition projects, in particular those involving real estate companies and portfolios;
- In conjunction with the portfolio management, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management teams, coordinate the drafting of prospectuses, preliminary financial analyses and other documents to assist committees in their decision-making;
- Help develop a database and research tool for the Growth Markets team;
- Carry out any other tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, economy, administration or real estate;
- Ten to fifteen years of related experience in real estate transactions and real estate company M&As. Experience in research or portfolio management an asset;
- Experience in markets in the Asia-Pacific region, an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English,
- Fluency in Mandarin, an asset;
- Excellent ability to integrate, process and analyze information;
- Strong writing skills and ability to explain complex market-related concepts and situations in easy-to-understand terms;
- Ability to travel abroad frequently;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; self-motivated and self-directed;
- Proven ability to work in a highly computerized environment; advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge in 2014 into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.