Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver optimal returns for its investors. Its assets, held through multiple subsidiaries and located mainly in Canada, the United States, Europe, Brazil and Asia, totalled more than Cdn$40 billion as at December 31, 2013. Its portfolio consists mainly of shopping centres, office and multiresidential properties. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (lacaisse.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Specific accountabilities :
- Serve as liaison with other project team members regarding scope of work, design criteria, budget, schedule and phasing, related to the tenant premises;
- Manage all project services related to the specific project assigned – i.e. scope of work, estimating, scheduling, finance and contract administration;
- Manage and coordinate construction activities for base building and tenant related activities, in conjunction with other internal departments within the organization when required;
- Manage project specific control tools (for budget, schedule, trend logs, etc.) and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Manage the construction close out process;
- Carry out any other related duties requested by the immediate supervisor or by his attributed functions.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent (desired);
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience of managing/supervising the design/installation/operation of state-of-the-art tenant coordination/construction systems and components in commercial retail;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel), and working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, JDE V9, would be beneficial;
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal; clearly expresses ideas and can communicate effectively with senior management;
- Flexible and resourceful;
- Able to identify, diagnose and solve problems
- Customer service oriented when dealing with retailers, designers and property personnel as well as a demonstrated ability to work closely with site staff;
- Team oriented;
- Solid ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to meet schedule and budgetary goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as charitable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.