Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver optimal returns for its investors. Its assets, held through multiple subsidiaries and located mainly in Canada, the United States, Europe, Brazil and Asia, totalled more than Cdn$40 billion as at December 31, 2013. Its portfolio consists mainly of shopping centres, office and multiresidential properties. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (lacaisse.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
Specific accountabilities :
- Supervise regular, daily operations;
- Inspect the shopping centre daily (cleaning, mechanical, security);
- Respond to complaints and requests from tenants and follow up; maintain quality control;
- Produce reports, complete purchase orders and make purchases;
- Coordinate special events with the Marketing department;
- Supervise the preventive and corrective maintenance work done by the HVAC contractor;
- Conduct special projects (implementation WIFI, signaling)
- Lead the environmental component (compostable materials and PVM)
- Maintain, in a cost-effective manner, the cleanliness and operational standards appropriate to a first-rank, mixed-use building;
- Depending on the type of work, issue calls for tenders for repair work and prepare purchase orders. Make sure that the work is properly done;
- Act as resource person with respect to the use of various management software applications GMAO (Maximo);
- Manage reports and take corrective measures for Riskcheck, OHS and WHMIS;
- Participate actively in operations meetings;
- Follow up on reports of incidents or irregularities;
- Collaborate in preparing the annual budget;
- Inspect vacant units after the tenant has left;
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and regulations (vacant units, recycling, notices to tenants, etc.);
- Provide assistance in the contracts negotiation;
- Maintain harmonious relations with tenants;
- Participate in record-keeping (plans and correspondence);
- Give support to the supervisor for special projects.
- A Building Systems Engineering diploma or an University diploma in administration;
- Two years of experience in a related field;
- Ability to carry out multiple and varied tasks at the same time;
- Sense of urgency; well organized;
- Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Strong proficiency with computers, MS Office and management software;
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours;
- Excellent command of French, spoken and written, and fluency in English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as charitable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.