Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate. With assets totalling more than $35 billion, we can be found in 20 countries around the world. We have over 1700 employees, and are headquartered in Montreal with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Paris, Madrid, Luxembourg and Shanghai. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, this is the place to advance your career.
- Will report to and work with Senior VP of Design and Construction/Tenant Coordination, the VPs of Pre-Construction and Project Controls, Senior team members and property management group to create and define LEED strategy for the Company’s Development pipeline, and existing assets;
- Manage, and supervise the preparation of client deliverables, including reports, assessments, and LEED (or other relevant rating system) documentation;
- Conduct research and technical analysis assistance to support project delivery or compliance to LEED (or other relevant sustainability framework);
- Assist in the preparation of project specification review documents and material research;
- Manage and supervise the preparation of complex LEED technical calculations and Life Cycle Cost Analysis as required for LEED (or other relevant sustainability framework);
- Manage Consultants, supporting project teams in the preparation of compliance documentation for LEED (or other relevant sustainability framework);
- Set up and maintain various systems used for project delivery (such as project server folders, project drawings log, maintain materials tracker, etc.);
- Develop knowledge and create strategy for other green building rating systems and sustainability initiatives (i.e. Living Building Challenge, CHPS);
- As needed, provide delivery and specialty technical assistance to support other delivery teams or contract verification review work, training or other unique projects;
- When requested, assist in the development of proposals and other marketing collateral;
- Maintain positive office culture through open and collaborative attitude.
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering, project management or equivalent, and candidate will be considered an expert in relevant sustainability frameworks. The Candidate will have relevant professional training or experience within architecture, engineering design, design and construction, interior design, environmental science, urban planning, project management or other relevant fields;
- Seven to fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in LEED management on state of the art construction systems and components in Commercial Retail, Office/Mixed Use projects and Civil Infrastructure;
- Project management, construction and estimating experience, with the ability to meet schedule and budgetary goals on large- scale, complex Retail, Office towers and/ or mixed-use projects;
- Familiar with relevant sustainability frameworks, such as the USGBC LEED Rating System;
- Should be a LEED Accredited Professional with 7 -10 years experience in program management for a major CM or North American Developer in implementing LEED strategies on a portfolio basis;
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management;
- Able to communicate on complex contractual or other professional matters;
- Continually demonstrates initiative;
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of real estate and construction industry;
- Demonstrates excellent management skills;
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to meet schedule and budgetary goals on large- scale, retail, and or complex urban tower and/ or mixed- use projects;
- Able to manage complex, multiple, continually changing priorities;
- Able to identify, diagnose, and solve complex problems;
- Able to work collaboratively with team members while maintaining a clear sense of direction and leadership;
- Able to make and execute decisions effectively, quickly, and independently;
- Anticipates problems, identifies risks, plans for contingencies;
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset;
- Regular travel to projects assigned within Canada will be required.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as chartable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.