Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate. With assets totalling more than $35 billion, we can be found in 20 countries around the world. We have over 1700 employees, and are headquartered in Montreal with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Paris, Madrid, Luxembourg and Shanghai. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, this is the place to advance your career.
- Provide responsive service to all customers and always represent Ivanhoe Cambridge in a polite and professional manner. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, co-workers and managers;
- Comply with all company policies and procedures;
- Become familiar with and know the entire physical elements of the building including shut off valve locations, HVAC equipment, and fire systems;
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition, maintains routine records, determine type and extent of repairs needed and, as necessary repair or replace parts and test for proper operation;
- Gain full knowledge of disaster preparedness plan for building; and adhere to the plan in the event of emergency;
- Have a working knowledge of fire and life safety systems;
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, such as wiring, switches, control equipment, motors, transformers, relays, appliances, lights, light fixtures, communication equipment, etc;
- As directed, service and repair HVAC equipment including fans, motors, pumps, thermostats, VAV boxes, electric controls, and replace filters as needed;
- Repair or replace plumbing and piping systems, including valves, traps, filters, faucets, fixtures, etc;
- Must understand commercial keying systems. Have the ability to re-key locks, make keys and maintain accurate records;
- Understand the processes of chemical treatment and maintain acceptable chemical levels to prevent corrosion, algae and scale;
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints and operational manuals;
- Properly document all service and maintenance calls;
- Be on-call on a rotating basis to handle emergencies that may occasionally arise after normal business hours. On-call requires availability to respond in minimal time;
- Operate the building in an energy and utility efficient manner;
- Consistently and accurately input and manage energy performance, maintenance and environmental risk data into the respective management systems;
- Continually seek opportunities to improve energy consumption;
- Quickly respond to and manage environmental hazards;
- Consider sustainability when evaluating options for replacement equipment and when reviewing building operations;
- Participate in tenant and staff community support events as appropriate;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high-school diploma or GED equivalent. Must have at least 8 years experience in equipment maintenance, repair, testing and inspection;
- Must have 5 years of supervisory experience in related field of work;
- Have a Washington State Drivers License with a good record;
- Have Electrical Specialty 07 license or be an active trainee. Buildings and sites may have specific needs and requirements such as EMS, CFC Handling, valid Washington State Drivers License, etc;¸
- Must be fluent in English, able to communicate effectively (both oral and written);
- Have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form;
- Must possess basic computer skills and be functional in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry;
- Have the ability to deal with multiple problems and prioritize them;
- Have the ability to read and interpret documents and operational manuals;
- Must get along well with co-workers, building tenants, and the public;
- Must be physically and mentally prepared when reporting for work;
- Flexible workdays may include Saturday and/or Sunday. Overtime may be periodically required.
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as chartable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.