Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate. With assets totalling more than $35 billion, we can be found in 20 countries around the world. We have over 1700 employees, and are headquartered in Montreal with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Paris, Madrid, Luxembourg and Shanghai. Recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, this is the place to advance your career.
- Play an active role in the conceptualization, development and execution of all public affairs and external communications strategies involving the Company’s key markets;
- Develop and maintain relations with the media and serve as one of the Company’s media spokespeople;
- Advise and support Ivanhoé Cambridge executives and internal clients in the management of the Company’s public affairs issues;
- Oversee activities involving updates, training sessions and simulations related to the corporate crisis management plan;
- Advise property managers on media relations and public affairs matters, as required;
- Plan all of the communications components of the forum and public speaking program designed to favourably position the Company’s senior executives;
- In collaboration with the Director, Corporate Social Responsibility, plan needs and manage requests concerning the Company’s participation in events, associations and partnerships in which it is actively involved;
- Oversee the professional development program for the Company’s media spokespeople and public speakers;
- In collaboration with the Advisor, Digital Content, maintain and ensure the relevance of the content found on the Company’s website and digital platforms, and develop corporate digital strategies;
- Oversee content production and distribution activities, including copywriting, editing, translation, graphic design and others;
- Supervise relations with service providers in target markets;
- Ensure that all of the Company’s external communications products and platforms deliver an outstanding level of institutional excellence;
- Uphold and protect the Company’s brand image in all communications components;
- Assist the Senior Director, Public Affairs and Communications.
- Undergraduate degree in communication, journalism, public relations, marketing, copywriting or a related field;
- Graduate degree an asset;
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in the strategic management of public affairs, external communications and media relations;
- Proven ability to implement complex communications and public affairs management initiatives;
- Experience as a media spokesperson;
- Fully bilingual in written and spoken French and English, and extensive experience in copywriting and editing;
- Supervisory experience;
- A keen strategic mind, an excellent ability to process and synthesize information and an institutional approach;
- Proven ability to perform in a complex, fast-changing environment and tolerate stress;
- Available to travel internationally (moderate frequency).
If you are interested by this challenge, please submit your resume.
What’s in it for you?
Ivanhoé Cambridge offers its employees a competitive benefit package, along with an attractive pension plan. Committed to our employees’ health and wellbeing, we have numerous programs that allow our employees to juggle both work and home life such as TGIF days, flexible working hours, family care days, as well as chartable give and take days. Dedicated to our employee’s career and professional growth we offer exciting opportunities for career advancement both in Canada and abroad backed by a multi faceted learning and development program including tuition reimbursement. Ivanhoé Cambridge: a world of possibility.