Ivanhoé Cambridge is a world-class real estate company that leverages its high-level expertise in all aspects of real estate including investment, development, asset management, leasing and operations, to deliver an optimal return for its investors.
Through its multiple subsidiaries, its assets in more than 20 countries are valued at over Cdn$35 billion as at December 31, 2012. Ivanhoé Cambridge is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
- Perform general secretarial duties for the Executive Vice President, Strategy: open, sort and route incoming mail, answer routine written and telephone enquiries, keep track of team members’ outside appointments, file documents, make photocopies, send faxes, etc.
- Coordinate the schedule and set and manage the appointments of the Executive Vice President, Strategy.
- Make travel arrangements for the Executive Vice President, Strategy: coordinate travel plans, book accommodations, schedule meetings, etc.
- Ensure constant communication with the Executive Vice President, Strategy and others during business trips and deal with any matters that can be dealt with in his absence in a suitable manner.
- Using the appropriate software, prepare various documents, such as presentations for senior management and committees (slideshow presentations, executive summaries, letters, memos, etc.).
- Review, edit and write various texts (French – English).
- Monitor the quality of all documents produced (spelling, layout, etc.), in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Update files as required and obtain the necessary signatures.
- Prepare expense claims and expense reports for the Executive Vice President, Strategy and ensure the required follow-up.
- Maintain excellent relations with all internal and external contacts.
- Organize meeting notifications and conference calls, and provide logistical support for meetings called by or involving departmental team members (draft agenda, record minutes and prepare reports as requested).
- Serve as a resource for the department for various administrative matters.
- College diploma (DEC) in secretarial studies or office technologies.
- Five or more years of experience as an executive secretary.
- Excellent oral and written French and English; strong writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Dynamic, organized, self-motivated, discreet and versatile.
- Team spirit and desire to serve as a resource for fellow team members.